G2 RSC is the half-ton pickup truck of the mountain bike brake world — dependable, go anywhere, do anything, plenty of power when you need it, and all of the features you need. The new G2 RSC is based on the SRAM Code design, so it puts Code-like power and modulation into a mini-Code package.
And of course the signature Guide lever-feel and contact-point adjustability ensures that this brake works great for every rider. The G2 RSC presents rider-controlled offering with an alloy blade, lever pivot bushings, stainless steel hardware.
Features - G2 RSC Disc Brake
- Useful reach and contact point adjustments for every type of rider. Sram design their brakes to give each individual rider distinct control of their ride
- Added stiffness in the caliper and a new pad compound that offers more bite really delivers the Mini-Code feel
- Engineered for easy installation
- Use: MTB, Enduro
- Model: G2 RSC
- Brake type: Disc-Brake hydraulic
- Caliper Design: two-piece 4-piston
- Pad: Steel-backed Organic
- Brake mounting: Direct Mount DIR
- Fluid: DOT 5.1
- Mount: Ambidextrous
- Adjustment: Tool-free Reach Adjust, Contact Point Adjust
- Pad / Holder: Top-loading
- System: Open System
- Tool-Free Pad Replacement: Yes
- Ambidextrous: Yes
- Stainless Hardware: Yes
- Recommended brake rotor: Centerline (not included!)
Mounting - Hose length
- Lever: Aluminum
- Body: Aluminum
- Caliper: Aluminum
- Pistons: Phenolic Plastic
Scope of delivery
Rotor and Adapte not included!
- 1 G2 RSC Disc Brake
- 1 MMX Clamp
- 2 Fastening screws
- 1 Insertpin
- 1 Olive
- 1 Transport safety
- Disc brake is ready for installation, completely assembled and bleeded!
Contact Point Adjustment™
Some people like the instantaneous power of a short lever throw. Others prefer the feel of a longer throw. With Contact Point Adjust, you can pick the position you want your fingers to be in when your brakes are engaged. It’s a quick and easy way to customize the feel of your brakes without having to move the pads. It’s also a way to balance both brake levers to feel exactly the same.MatchMaker and MMX Compatible
Save weight and clutter on the bar with Matchmaker. It holds Avid levers, SRAM® triggers, and various RockShox® controls, all with one tidy, light, clamp--a dream come true for handlebar component footprint conservationists the world over. Available in two versions: Matchmaker™ X integrates the RockShox®XLoc and is compatible with XX and X0 brakes. Standard Matchmaker™is also available and works with any split-clamp design and RockShox® PushLoc.Reach Adjust
Brake lever fit and feel is a personal thing. Riders have individual positioning preferences, as well as unique hand sizes and finger lengths. Reach Adjust makes it easy to adjust your lever for maximum one-finger control for everyone.SwingLink™
Squeeze a new SRAM brake lever and you notice it immediately. Less deadband. More positive pad engagement. A new cam system requires less lever throw to push the pads toward the rotor. That’s great, but there’s more to perfect braking performance than just power. You need control. Many brake systems minimize deadband—but at the cost of modulation. SwingLink solves that with its special cam shape. When the pads contact the rotor, power is modulated, avoiding that “on/off” brake feel. It’s the perfect balance of power and precision.